So today I have another baking post for you and it is one my favourite things to eat, banana bread, I especially love it for breakfast all heated up with butter…yum! However I’ve never been one for chocolate chip banana bread however recently I tried it again and it is was amazing especially when it’s warm and all the chocolate is melted and gooey it is to die for so I had to share it with you!
To make this banana bread I used the ‘Bills Food’ recipe book by Bill Granger, it’s super easy to make and you all should try it out!
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 123 grams unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius. Prepare a loaf tin, by lining it with baking paper.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sugar, butter, bananas, eggs and vanilla.
- Once combined, add the dry ingredients and mix to combine. Don’t over mix.
- Add the chocolate chips, maybe sneak a couple…
- Pour the batter into the loaf tin and bake for an hour and 15 minutes. Or until the bread is tested with a skewer.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes and then turn onto a wire rack to cool. And your done.
This is such a yummy treat and your should all try it out if you want a delicious snack!
Thank you all for reading and let me know what post you want to see next!
Lots of Love Mads